Monday, May 4, 2009
More from the Back Yard
This is Whitey. He is not the cat responsible for the Blue Jay massacre last week but he is one of the strays that roam the yards in my neighborhood. And when I say "stray", I mean a cat with no permanent address, with not one, but two neighbors who feed him. One of those neighbors even makes regular vet appointments for him and he is the picture of health. And obviously content.
(Oh, and the Blue Jay? It lived! I saw it yesterday with a single tail feather left and a scrape along the side if it's throat. I like to think that bird is showing off that scrape to the other birds. "Ya see this? That's from when I escaped the jaws of death!"


5 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

what a pretty cat...it's such a shame that he's a stray...

Anonymous mom said...

YAY, the blue jay is still around

Blogger Unknown said...

I guess you could say it's the bird, not the cat, that has 9 lives.

Anonymous Mel said...

I love that kinda community effort. We used to have a neighborhood cat, Samson, until these old ladies next door who were terrified of cats called Humane Society.

Anonymous Vikki said...

The cat is pretty cute.

Post a Comment

<< Home