Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Science Project
Sophie reminded 347 times over the weekend that her science project is due next Monday. I was all "hey, chill out. Duuuude, it's ages away." But then she was all "but we have to print out pictures! And make line graphs! And do the research! And buy posterboard!"

And then last night I was all "Dude, we have got to get cracking on this project of yours!" and she was all "Duh! I told you!"

The focus this year is on the earth, since the science fair will be held during earth week. For the the third year in a row, Sophie is centering her project around an animal so today we are researching bald eagles, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's posterchild bird for why conservation works. Their nests, I have learned, can weigh 1 tonne, and can be 13ft deep and 8 ft wide (bigger than some studio apartments in New York City!).
It's going to be all eagles, all the time for the next several days. I wonder if I can include this in my resume? "Conducted research into conservation efforts and successfully reported findings to Science Board."

It has nothing to do with any job I've been applying for but it sounds good!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Vikki said...

Definitely add it to your resume. It sounds very impressive. A couple of weeks ago, my kids and I saw 3 bald eagles flying over head (on our way back from the airport). It was a sight to behold.

Blogger Andie said...

wow, that sounds so cool..let us know how it turns out

Post a Comment

<< Home