Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Because It's Never Too Early to Plan for Summer
Yesterday I celebrated Cinco de Mayo by having tacos at a Mexican bodega on the far West Side of Manhattan. It's a grocery store in the front but has a window all the way in the back where two women cook authentic tacos, Mexican sandwiches and quesadillas.

Yesterday I washed three pork tacos down with a Boing! Mango drink, which I decided would be awesome in some summer cocktails.

Here's what I love about the internet: think something up, search for it and voila! it is there waiting for you to discover it. I now have a virtual library of mango cocktail recipes at my fingertips. And I use the word library, because I think these recipes will require hands-on research drink-in-hand research.


And then a co-worker mentioned a drink she had in Mexico city called a michelada, which is beer with lime juice in a salt-rimmed glass and this, too, will require further inquiry in my summer studies. All in the name of science, of course.



3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

let me know how those "experiments" go...lol

Anonymous Mel said...

I'd never heard that it had a name, but summer grilling and micheladas are a staple at our house. For the lazy, you get a Tecate in a can, squeeze lime onto the unopened top, sprinkle salt. open the can and enjoy. You probably want to wipe down the can top, although acid and alcohol probably clean it up pretty well. We learned this in a yummy little hole in the wall Mexican place in Houston on the way to Mexico.

Anonymous Vikki said...

I am willing to serve as a taste tester. I'm selfless that way.

Post a Comment

<< Home