Saturday, May 9, 2009
Back to the Salt Mines
It has been raining for over a week. There have been a few breaks of sun but mainly lots of clouds and drizzly, Seattle-like rain. It's been a bit of a mood-killer and I'd like my hair to stop frizzing. Yesterday morning right before I left for work, the sun broke through for a few minutes and I happened to look out into the backyard and good lord is it ever green. A bright, healthy, verdant green. The kind of color that screams "Spring!"

And speaking of work...."So what's it like to be back?" This is a question I am asked again and again by my past and current co-workers at the ex-job. The other question they ask me: "Is it weird to be back?"

The best way to describe it is like this: have your spouse leave you, then have your ex call you up a year later and ask you to come on a vacation with his/her family. While you are vacationing, have your ex's family tell you over and over that it is so nice to have you around again, that leaving you was wrong and that they missed you terribly at Christmas. Then watch them argue over politics and religion and realize not much has changed. They're still lovably wacky and dysfunctional.
Yeah, it's kinda like that.


2 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

when will the sun come back??

Anonymous Vikki said...

Perfect metaphor!

Post a Comment

<< Home