Wednesday, May 27, 2009
FUN
This blog has been neglected lately. I know this because I sit down to write a post and can't think of a single thing. Then I start writing for the sake of writing something and I realize that no one wants to read about whatever lame thing happened recently. And thus I have spared you the gory details of my hangnail. You're welcome!

Instead I will just say things have just been plodding along. I've had work, which is good. Plus it was extended for two weeks so that's even better. The State of New York is annoyed that I can't come to their resume writing workshop. But the nice ladies in Albany keep telling me it's OK to skip it if I have work. Apparently, the government prefers to take your money in the form of taxes rather than just give it to you while you watch Oprah and catch up on your "stories" send resumes out and look for work.

We spent the Memorial Day weekend camping and enjoyed three solid days of swimming, hiking, s'mores, beer, fishing and taking the kids for ice cream every night. I honestly don't know if could have taken another minute of FUN. The kids were exhausted at the end of every day, but not so much that they couldn't wake us at the crack of dawn each morning for more FUN, or s'mores. Or both.

A Boy And His Marshmallows
I will leave you with the following photo, taken on our hike at Bushkill Falls in Pennsylvania. As we were walking near the base of the main falls, there was a little overlook on the opposite side and very few people were there. I wandered over with my camera to try and get a wider shot of the falls but this is what I saw when I turned around.
This picture doesn't do it justice. I loved how it was just gorgeous but went mostly ignored by the other hikers because they were too focused on the larger falls. I was able to stare at it peacefully, with almost no one else around me, until I was called by the kids to come have more FUN, this time in the souvenier shop.


4 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

Nice pics...Harry is too Cute!! Oh, and I LOVE hearing your "lame" stories...keep 'em coming!

Anonymous Mom said...

Good Morning Love,
Sounds like a good time was had by all. My Harry Boy is so very cute.
Love all around, Mom

Anonymous Vikki said...

Damn. I could have really used a good hangnail story. Adorable kid with marshmallows and some gorgeous scenery works too, though. Glad you are having The Fun.

Blogger Unknown said...

Cute pic of Harry. Don't ever stop writing, even about hangnails. You make everything humerous.

Post a Comment

<< Home