Monday, March 10, 2008
Hey There!
Thanks to all who offered a sympathetic ear to last week's woes. Thursday was better, Alison. By Saturday everything was groovy. And today, everything's rosy and wonderful, even if it's a Monday.

After cleaning the house and doing laundry on Saturday's rainy morning, we dropped the kids off for a sleepover at my dad and stepmom's house so that John and I could have a much-needed date night.

While I was finishing getting dressed for our evening out, John ran around the corner to drop off some dry cleaning. When he came back, he asked me "What's that smell? Wait, did you put perfume on?" Usually when he asks that question I say something sexy like "I just reapplied my deodorant."

Yes, that's how long it's been people. We really needed a night out.

We had a wonderful dinner and had fun with our friends. I ordered a stuffed artichoke because for the first time in a long time I didn't need to cajole anyone under the age of eight into eating. I ate an appetizer that took a lot of effort and benefited only me. Oh, and hey! Did you know that when you don't have to cut anyone food up into tiny pieces your dinner is actually HOT when you eat it? And hot food is quite delicious, if you didn't know.

After we dropped off our friends, we went out to a bar. And we drank. And talked. And drank some more.

Yesterday we picked up the kids from their slumber party and took them to the smörgåsbord at church where we had to cajole the kids into eating. But us? Oh, there was lovely homemade food with gravy and it was delicious and we ate too much of it, making dinner completely unnecessary and yay me having a second night off from cooking. It freed up a lot of time last night so I was able to catch up on shows featuring addicted celebrities, new dads and potential new dads.

This morning I'm on detox to make up for the gluttony of the weekend.
My red wine headache has subsided. I have a hankering for fruit and I'm going to read the Times from cover to cover to make up for all that VH1 viewing.

It's all about the balance, folks.


5 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

glad you had a good date night....

Blogger Andie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm happy that your weekend turned out hetter than your week. We all need that release once in awhile(especially those of us with little ones). You have a birthday coming up so start making plans for another date night!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There Sweetie,

I am so glad you and John had a great night out and that you enjoyed yourself.
I always used to say, once the kids came along you won't eat a hot meal again until they leave the nest. Church sounded like fun too, i'm sure the food there is delish!!!
Send Love, Hugs and Kisses to all.
XOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a date night last week and I felt that I was a much better parent afterwards. Congrats on your night out!

Post a Comment

<< Home