Friday, January 2, 2009
Two Days into 2009...
And we are back to leaky boilers! The thermostat thinks 68 degrees means 96 degrees so when the heat comes up you can actually sweat away the Christmas pounds just by sitting in our bedroom. You can't rest, though, because the clanging and banging happening within the pipes could wake the dead. There is much talk of shimming radiators up, and plumbers, and intake valves and steam vents, balancing of systems and draining of the aforementioned boiler. Good times.

The boys are driving to Pennsylvania to
lock the door and I'm home with Sophie who has a cold with a bad cough. It gets worse when she's out in the cold air so we've kept her in for the past two days and let her watch too much TV. (Like this is such a burden for her.) We administered hot tea, Vicks Vap-O-Rub and water along with the occasional dose of cough syrup. Her cough sounded like rocks rattling around a box. Today we switched to Mucinex and she hasn't coughed all morning.

I'll still let her watch TV all day, as long as there's a spot for me next to her on the sofa.


3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

Mucinex ROCKS!! I use it alot!! Also Robitussen DM Max is awesome! Feel better Sophie!!

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope Sophie is feeling much better.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope my Heart feels better soon. Love you Soph
Nana

Post a Comment

<< Home