Wednesday, December 31, 2008
The Year in Review
When I first started this post, I began by saying how much 2008 sucked. And boy, did it! But as I started to choose these photos, I realized that there were still many more bright moments and that they far outnumbered the dull dark ones.

Polar themed birthday party
January 2008

Another birthday celebration
January 2008

Easter egg hunt
March 2008

Harry modeling Mara's Uggs
March 2008

Junior Bridesmaid
May 2008

Kamping King
May, 2008

Dingman's Falls
Memorial Weekend 2008

Surfer dude. Riis Park,
June 2008

Deno's, Coney Island
June 2008

Monticello
July 2008

Final resting place of Thomas Jefferson,
inventor of the nickel
author of the Declaration of Independence
July 2008

Ice cream by the pool
July 2008

If only it was like this everyday
August 2008

Someone got in trouble trying to climb into the goat pen
Central Park Zoo, September 2008

Goodbye. Miss you already.
September 2008

Still miss you, Astroland.
September 2008

Back to school is also back to Scouts. Sophie on her way to her first Brownie meeting. September, 2008

Hello. My name is Pumpkin.
October 2008

And I'm Pikachu.
October 2008

Bumble Bee and Sharpay with the Swedish Chef.
Bork Bork Bork!
October 2008

Christmas Tree. See the popcorn garland? Yeah, that was great way to kill an afternoon AND make a mess.
December 2008

In a few short hours, hundreds of thousands of people
will gather here to ring in the new year.
Times Square, 2008

Thanks for reading!

Happy New Year! May your 2009 be filled with all the bright moments, love and prosperity you can stand. And while you're at it, leave me a message and let me know what you hope your new year holds.

See you next year!


3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

Wow...awesome pics!! I love the one with you & Sophie (Memorial 2008)
I wish you & the family the healthiest & happiest in 2009!

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the pics! My wishes for the New Year is a healthy, happy, and wealthy one for all those I hold near and dear! Happy 2009!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gang,
OK, first things first, If you could Mer, could you send me the following pics: Soph & Harry Blowing out candles @ Dad's, Easter Egg Hunt, You and Sophia hugging, Surfer Dude, Harry near Goat pen, Sophia wearing her Brownie Sash (I will be sending the money for uniform this week), Bumble Bee, Swedish Chef, Bork, Bork!!! and the Snow in Times Square. (Please, Please, with a cherry on top, I beg of you, send me the pics) Now that I've gotten that out of the way I would like to wish all who read your Blog and you of course a very happy & healthy 2009. My wishes for 2009 are that Mer & John finally buy a house, that Melanie starts a recovery program, much happiness & health for all my grands, family and extended family. For me I would like to find the strength to stop smoking forever!!
love all around,
Mom & Nana

Post a Comment

<< Home