Monday, January 12, 2009
Ten, Part Two
Dear St. Paul,

Hi, You don't know me but you were a fixture at our wedding ten years ago when a family member read part of your first letter to the Corinthians at the ceremony.
Remember when you said "love is patient?" You weren't kidding! You might have reminded us that patience is most often tested when one half of a couple is turning the house upside down looking for their checkbook.

You might have also added that snarky "I'm sure it's where you had it last" comments don't help. Or is that covered under "love is not arrogant or rude?"

The other thing I have a question about is this: sometimes our four year old pitches a fit when his father is in charge. Is it wrong of me to think "welcome to my world," and smile to myself, glad I am not on the receiving end for once? Or should I then recall the line about patience? Just wondering.

Sincerely,
Meredith

P.S. I think you are totally right when you say that these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." You totally nailed it, dude.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. Patience. I could use some of that.

Post a Comment

<< Home