Tuesday, April 1, 2008
He Says "Secret Stash" Like It's a Bad Thing
Have you seen that show "I Can Make You Thin"? The one where the British guy Paul McKenna teaches you techniques to overcome your weight problems, lik tapping yourself in the face, then the hands, then your wrists in order to overcome emotional eating? (That is a gross generalization but you get the gist.)

I caught the last half of the episode that taught the Tapping Technique and discovered something about myself: I have a food stash in my house and apparently this is not good for me. Pfft.

I take my health very seriously and eat as healthy as I can everyday most of the time. So what I want to know is: what's in your secret stash? What do you keep hidden or just set aside in a special place that is just for you?

I'll go first.

For me, it's chocolate. Right now, that last of a sleeve of Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers are on the top shelf of my kitchen cabinet, kept in an zip top bag. They've been there since New Year's Eve but were only opened in last month or so. Once they're gone, the space they occupy may remain empty for a few days but then I'll put something else there, like dark chocolate squares or a Hershey's Take 5 bar or a box of Thin Mints but it is always chocolate in some way shape or form. I don't indulge everyday, maybe two or three times a week. Sometimes I go an entire week without visiting the secret stash. But I know it is there.

So c'mon. Talk to me. What do you keep for yourself?


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the redesign! Awesome, though you probably did this a million years ago. I can take or leave chocolate generally, but I have a slew of other food addictions, including, much to the dismay of my husband, eating french fries with ketchup and mayonnaise. It's my secret addiction. And I've also been known to sprinkle vinegar on them too. Second to that would be fried sweet plaintains. I'll spend my life trying to recreate the ones I used to eat in South Florida as a reporter down there...heaven

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Luv,

Let's see what do i keep stashed away from you know who - small bags of chips, nestle crunch wafer bars, cookies, and some other choclate candy. I don't recall Dad liking choclate all that much, so you must get the love of chocolate from me, Grandma and Nana. Nana used to buy all kinds of chocolate, and other candy and eat it all watching tv.
Thats all for now, ta ta!

Luv You, Mom

Blogger Andie said...

my secret stash?? hershey's special dark, pepperidge farm milano's....no one can have them....

Blogger Unknown said...

As much as I love chocolate, that's something I don't hide because I have to eat sugar free stuff. What I do hide is from Tara. When I buy something like seadfood salad or whitefish salad I have to stick in behind something in the fridge. If Tara sees it she'll inhale it. LOL!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home