Monday, March 17, 2008
Weekend Recap
I would write a weekend recap more often but most of them would go something like this: do laundry/clean house/watch tv with the kids/the end.

But this weekend was better. The weather was spring-like, which made us not want to hole up in the house and we were together, out and about in New York.

We spent Saturday afternoon watching a performance of "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" at the Tribeca Performing Arts Center. The kids loved it and so did we. It was clever, the acting was great and the kids got to yell at the pigeon to, you know, not drive the bus.

After the show lots of families went to a park right outside the theater to check their Blackberries and call their people on their cell phones. As we were walking into the park, John said "Look. Jon Stewart is over there."

Then I swooned, told my beloved something about love, love, loving Jon Stewart to which my husband replied "well, then, go tell him."

So I did.

Usually in situations like that I turn into a cross between Ellen Degeneres and Gilligan. Whatever I say doesn't come out quite right and when I walk away I trip over pebble and fall on my face. But Saturday, I was smooooth. I had it GOIN' ON in my fat jeans and Sophie's half naked bald baby doll sticking out of my purse. Oh, yeah.

Miraculously I managed to not make an ass out of myself. I am amazed that I didn't say "I love going to bed with you every night!" when what I really meant was "I watch your show every night when I go to bed."

Instead I walked up to him and said "Excuse me, but you make me laugh every night. I really love your show."

And Jon very graciously said "Thank you very much." Then we parted ways. But we'll see each other tonight. At 11pm (Eastern).

For our Moment of Zen, we walked across town to Chinatown for an early dinner at Hop Kee. Then we paid to have the kid's names painted in an oriental style and put in a cardboard frame. It's one of those touristy things they do in Chinatown but the kids loved it.


3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

Cool...love Jon Stewart...

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a very pleasant weekend. I love the spring weather!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mer,
What fun the little chickies must have had in Chinatown!! Sounds like a really fun day. Glad you all enjoyed it.

Love all around,

Mom

Post a Comment

<< Home