Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subway Riding
I've seen lots of things on the subway. Stuff that would make your skin crawl. Stuff that would make bile rise in your throat. Stuff that would make you wonder about the fate of mankind. Stuff that would make you laugh so hard milk came out your nose.

Today though was a new one. I ran some errands at lunch and when I boarded the train back to the office I saw a man with a stuffed deer head in a tote bag. And what did he have in the other bag? Why, a dead, stuffed skunk on a piece of log, of course!

I turned to the woman sitting next to me and said "NOW I've seen it all."And then we laughed the laugh of semi-normal people while a school group looked on in WONDER at the goodies this man was toting around.

Only in New York, people. Only in New York.


8 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Andie said...
Blogger Andie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Andie said...
Blogger Andie said...
Blogger Andie said...
Blogger Unknown said...

That is why I'm so happy I don't travel on the trains anymore. I've seen enough weirdos on the subway to last me a lifetime.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning My Love,

Did that skunk stink? It sounds like it would have!!. Yea, NY is a place where nothing you see really surprises one. Ya gotta love it (i do)

Post a Comment

<< Home