Sunday, February 3, 2008
Go Giants!
I'm not really a sports nut, but I am looking forward to tonight's game. There's the whole New York/Boston rivalry and the fact that it's my local team playing that has everyone here pumped. Plus, I work in advertising so if I want to be able to participate in watercooler talk tomorrow, I'd better be watching those commercials. I have ground beef ready for the chili pot, two boxes in the office pool and the only thing we need to pick up is beer.

But Superbowl is only one of many things happening this week. It is a kickoff, if you'll excuse the pun, to other important and exciting occasions.

First, we have Recovery Monday, in which we will have the opportunity to heal ourselves after the gluttony of Superbowl. Every one marks this occasion differently so celebrate as you wish.

Tuesday will be a busy one because it will be doing double-duty as Mardi Gras (the last day of the season of Carnival) and Super Tuesday. (Which has nothing to do with the Superbowl. Crazy. I know.). In between gorging yourself as a last hurrah before Lent begins you should find time to vote if you live in one of the 24 states holding caucuses and primaries. Vote for who you'd really like to see in office...BECAUSE YOU CAN.

Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent for most Christians, the season of reflection, prayer and fasting before Easter. (It also kicks off what I call Pizza Season here in Brooklyn, the time of year when many families who choose to not eat meat on Fridays have pizza. Delivery times go from 30 minutes to nearly 60 for the six weeks of Lent.)

Thursday is Lunar New Year. Gung Hay Fat Choy! (For New Yorkers: no alternate side of the street parking. Woohoo!)

Friday: 1st Friday in Pizza Season. Plan accordingly.





3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

Go GIANTS!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Go, Go G-Men!!!!!!

Blogger Vikki said...

I was rooting for the Giants. I'm always for the underdog!

Post a Comment

<< Home