Friday, December 28, 2007
More "Kids Say the Darndest Things"
This week we've been catching up on movies from our Netflix queue, which is good because I wanted to see Shrek the Third and Barbie as The Island Princess before the Oscars.

One of the movies I watched with the kids was Evan Almighty, which I thought would be cute for them. Well, for Sophie. Harry's been holed up building train track structures and neighboring cities and playing cars. So him? Haven't seen him all that much. But Sophie and the singing dolls? Right by my side for the past week now. With the dolls that sing. Did I mention they sing? I think the dolls can read my mind because just when I think "Gee, the dolls haven't been making noise for two whole minutes," they start singing again.

So Sophie, me and the singing dolls sat down to watch Even Almighty, which is a send up of the story of Noah and the Ark. Steve Carrell is ordered by God, played by Morgan Freeman, to build an ark. And Sophie, seeing Mr. Freeman, asked "God is black?"

So I said "Well, God is many colors to many people."

I hoped that was the end of the conversation. "So just his son is white?" she asked.

I answered "Jesus is many colors to many people."

"Oh."

I hoped THAT was the end of the conversation. It wasn't. We continued watching the movie and when Morgan Freeman got a closeup, his teeth....well, they were a bit yellow and slightly crooked and when Sophie saw them she asked "Doesn't God brush his teeth?"


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just His Son is white- i'm crying, she is just too much. Ya gotta luv them babes.
love, mom

Blogger Andie said...

I like the fact that GOD doesn't brush his teeth!!! lol

Blogger Vikki said...

Well thanks to the Grinch and his rotten teeth, we have had a much higher level of cooperation with teethbrushing lately.

Post a Comment

<< Home