Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Well, When You Think About It That Way...
Last night Sophie wanted me to sing to after putting her to bed so I sang "I Will." It was the first song I ever sang to her after she was born and she loves it. I love that its a Beatles song.

After seeing me sing to Sophie, Harry (namesake of George Harrison), asked for a lullaby, too. I sat by his crib and sang "Rockabye Baby" because "Happiness is a Warm Gun" just doesn't cut it as a lullaby, know what I mean?

I get through the song and Harry's eyes open wide. "WHAT? WHERE WAS THE BABY?? Sing it again."

I sing it again and when I get to the part about the baby in the treetop, he gives a cautious "yeeaah," as if to say "Go on, I have to find out why this child is in a tree."

So I continue. "When the wind blows...."

"Oh no!"

"The cradle will rock." Eyes as wide as saucers again.

"When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall..."

"What's going to happen to the BABY?!"

"Nothing! The baby is just fine...he comes down cradle and all."

"Oh, OK."


3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

that is just too precious

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mer,
What a cute story, i am sure one day you will make Harry Boys fiance' laugh with that tale.
Love to all, Mom

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids are just too precious!

Post a Comment

<< Home