Monday, July 2, 2007
The other 13,999 things? Who needs 'em?
Years ago, I bought a book for a friend of mine called 14,000 Things to be Happy About. It was a list of 14,000 simple, everyday pleasures that could bring a smile to your face. During the workweek my friend Sean would copy a page, circle five things on it and fax it to me. And five days a week I had five reasons to smile.

If I had that book today, I would like to cross off whatever is the first item and replace it with "catching fireflies with your kids on a summer night."
I wouldn't even need the other 13,999 things.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful Mom!! I haven't done that since i was a little girl

See you all soon!!
Can't Wait!!!

Blogger Andie said...

that's so sweet!

Blogger Unknown said...

That's so nice. I remember doing that with Tara.

Post a Comment

<< Home