Tuesday, June 5, 2007
I knew it was too good to be true
On Saturday I mentioned to someone how wonderful my children have been lately. The last two weeks have been filled with wonderful things like naps, sleeping through the night, eating well, being agreeable, behaving. The air was filled with the sweet sweet smell of Good Children who love their mother and shower her with affection. I said "If these last two weeks could just last longer. Like a year. That's how great they've been."

Yes, a year, with my adorably gap-toothed daughter and my fun-loving son.

The Gods of Parenthood have decided that that is just not in the cards for me. Nope. Sorry. Time, as always, is fleeting. As is this behavior which I became quite fond of.

My daughter, is still on a streak with her "I love you more than Daddy!" whispers. But my son? He is two, and in all his two-ness he is quite two-like and the two-i-ness drips off him in puddles, which to the casual observer look like tears but no, it is two-ness, of which there is an abundance. When he isn't being stubborn he can be found crying and when he isn't crying he can be found whining or having a complete meltdown over the frustration of not being able to accomplish whatever task he is trying complete.

And they call it the terrible two's because you feel terrible when you think you understand why some animals eat their young.


1 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

he he he. welcome to the terrible two's. alhough I believe you were there once before. I was lucky, he bypassed the tt's. BUT HE'S MAKING UP FOR IT!

good luck!

Post a Comment

<< Home