Thursday, June 28, 2007
Cross that one off the list....
I met some friends for lunch today at Grand Central Terminal and as we were leaving I noticed we were passing the Oyster Bar which is the purported spot of a whispering gallery.

This is one of those things I've known about for years. It's always intrigued me but I never had a chance to see if it really worked. As a born and bred New Yorker, who ever has the time or a friend to try something like this out? If you are in Grand Central, you obviously have someplace to go.....

Well, today, I told my friend Peter to go stand in a corner while I stood in the corner diagonally across and we tried it out. If you face the wall it really works. Even in a very crowded Grand Central Station at lunch hour with our other two friends making fun of us we could hear each other saying "Can you hear me now?"

I can now cross the Whispering Gallery in Grand Central off my list of Things to Do in New York that New Yorkers Never Do (Unless They Make a List and a Very Concerted Effort).


2 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

you are too funny. I worked across from there for years and never heard about that! Huh, guess you learn something new everyday!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess what they say is true, you do learn something new every day. I had never heard of this before your blog. Sounds amazing.

Love you all, my little chickens

Post a Comment

<< Home