Friday, July 27, 2007
New Addition to Our Family
No, not new fish.

The newest addition to our family is the baby cardinal that comes to the old grape vines to eat. We think it's a girl since she's not very red. She is mastering flying and losing that fuzzy baby-bird fuzz for real feathers. Unfortunately, I've not been able to snap a picture of her yet.

We-and by we I mean just me....the rest of my brood could care less-are quite smitten with her. She chirps a lot with this squeaky little chirp every time she stops by to eat. And when she does come for a meal, her mom and pop are usually not far behind.

Today is my summer Friday which means I am off today. I ought to be cleaning up a little around here but soon I will be on vacation (only five workdays left!) and mentally I am already there. At 1 this afternoon I will be attending Sophie's circus camp performance then heading home for a playdate with one of her friends. I had planned on doing an activity with them but I think the slip-n-slide will just have to do since I can't seem to get my craft on.

Happy lazy, summer weekend to all.


3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

lol. enjoy your vacation. going anywhere? we're off to niagara falls in 2 weeks. can't wait!!
talk to you soon.

Blogger Meredith said...

I've always wanted to visit Niagara Falls. Have a great time! You'll be a couple of hours from the Thousand Islands, home of Thousand Island dressing, if you feel like making a side trip. Eat at the Thousand Island Inn at sunset. There's also a Scenic Waterway road nearby which is supposed to be great.

We're off to the Poconos for our usual cheapie Camp Mom vacation. Swimming, s'mores and blueberry picking.

Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh vacation time! I have the summer off but it's not a vacation. Enjoy yours... it sounds like fun. We also have a new addition to our family. Tara bought a Shih Tzu, we named Bailey. He's 2 months old and adorable. Getting him trained is a chore!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home