Wednesday, July 18, 2007
I Need This Like I Need a Hole in the Head
So last night after dinner I went out to get the mail and found a rather thick envelope addressed to me and John.

From the IRS.

The letter is not a notice asking me to take care of a small matter to be dealt with at my local IRS office where I will be lauded for my outstanding tax returns like Felix Unger was in the Odd Couple. (Don't look at me like that. I was an awesome episode, Season 3. The episode is called the Ides of April, for those with the DVD). And no, I'm not being audited. But Personal-Touch Home Care of Long Island has reported to the government that I worked for them as a home-health aid and earned $10k in 2005. The IRS would like their $3k in owed taxes, plus interest.

THIS ought to be a fun thing to straighten out.


3 Comments:

Blogger John Murphy said...

In Personal Touch's defense, the person who I talked to on the phone was very helpful.

Blogger Andie said...

JOHN!? You read this?? I am very impressed. Mer, you working a side job that you're not telling us about? How the heck did that happen? Hope it can be straightened out without too much difficulty... keep us informed.

Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't know you were a home health aide. LOL!! I'm sure it will get straightened out soon. Once the IRS said I was working for some company in the Twin Cities. I've never been there, let along work there. Anyway, it seems that the person they were actually looking for had almost the same SS number as mine.

Post a Comment

<< Home