Thursday, July 12, 2007
Rinse and spit
The building's crew has taken a break so I no longer feel like I'm in dentistry hell.

On the homefront, whatever caused Harry's ear to bleed has since healed. There was nothing in his ear to even suggest bleeding. The doctor, or "Lady" as Harry calls her, said there is nothing to be alarmed over, the eardrum (or tympanic membrane as it is called in medical jargon) is intact and have a good summer.

*

I wanted to post about this yesterday but I didn't have the time. Some people call me crazy to cook for the family every night after working all day. (Well, every night except pizza night.) This article was in the Times' Dining section yesterday and it pretty much sums up my philosophy: plan ahead, keep it simple, cook in quantity when you can. I loved this article. It reminded me that while it would be easier to hit the drive-thru or order in every night, it would be unnecessary and not better for us. I also loved that the author's kids didn't necessarily eat everything she cooked. Kinda like my house, but probably without the tears.


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm happy that Harry's ear is fine. It sounded like just a scratch to me. You are such a good mom! I only have Freddie and myself to cook for (Tara hardly eats what I cook because she thinks she's too fat!) and it has become a chore. We order in or eat out a lot.

Blogger Andie said...

Glad to hear about harry's ear. i'm all for eating out. sometimes you just don't know what to cook anymore.

Blogger Meredith said...

I usually tell whomever happens to be next to me in the meat aisle that "I'm out of ideas. I don't know what to make anymore." They usually agree!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well said. And even if the payoff isn't always immediately apparent, I know it's there somewhere waiting to come out. After all, what kid is going to be sitting around the dorm with their new college buddies saying, "Wow, I sure miss the way my Mom dialed for Chinese!"

Post a Comment

<< Home