Thursday, February 12, 2009
Chocolate Shopping
Valentine's day is just around the corner and since it was quiet in the office today I decided to cut out a little early and get some V-Day shopping done.

I usually buy John chocolates for Valentine's Day. It is the perfect valentine, in my opinion, and when I worked in the theater district I'd pop over to Rockefeller Center buy his chocolates from La Maison du Chocolat. Their chocolates are flown in from France every day and boy are their arms tired. But seriously? Their most basic box costs about $15 and is worth every penny. No, you don't get many but in this case it's all about the quality, not the quantity.


I no longer work in the theater district, so this year I went to Jacques Torres Chocolates and bought my sweeties their sweets. The kids are each getting one of these, in milk chocolate:

I bought John a boxed assortment, sort of like this, about half the size:

These little morsels are filled with all sorts of healthy things like fruits and nuts and red wine.

We'll be visiting my dad and step-mom on Saturday so we can meet their new puppy. I decided to bring them some chocolates since they're sweeties, too. Their chocolates have ginger, almonds and pistachios:


Although I regret it now, I resisted buying a tin of their hot chocolate mix.



Chocolate nib shavings that you melt in hot milk. Yes, I regret it. I deeply, deeply regret not buying that now.

I hope your Valentine's Day is filled with chocolate and love.



4 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

why thanks & same to you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate and red wine? Sign me up!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm not sure how my stupid comment posted so many times! Please delete!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Hearts Day to You & John, have a very nice evening.
Love,
Mom

Post a Comment

<< Home