Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Our Dinner Conversation the Other Night
Sophie (looking at a bottle of Newman's Own salad dressing): "Is that a picture of the guy who DIED?"

Me (between bites of salad): "Yes."

Harry: "Is he your dad?"

Me: "No, honey, he was an actor."

Harry: "Is your dad dead?"

Me: "No, grandpa isn't dead, thank goodness."

Harry: ?

Me: "My dad is your grandpa."

Harry: "Grandpa is not your dad!"

Me: "Yes, he is."

Harry: "NO HE ISN'T. He likes me! He's just MY grandpa!"

Me: "He doesn't like you. He loves you. And me, and Sophie and your dad, too."

Harry: "He's. Just. Mine. Okay? I'm done with dinner now."


3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

OMG! How cute is that? Johnny does the same thing...my mom is my grandma...lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My, that Harry-Boy is way too funny.
Love all around, Mom

Blogger Unknown said...

Harry is sooooo funny!! I'm just curious, I know you're talking about your Dad, but does Harry feel the same way about his other grandfathers? How about his grandmothers?

Post a Comment

<< Home