Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Not Exactly The Reason
Sophie brought a friend from school up to Pennsylvania with us this weekend. They got to sit at the breakfast bar and eat their meals together while John and I sat with Harry at the regular table. It was easier that way on the girls, since all Harry wanted to do was follow them all weekend and try to get in on their fun, which consisted of walking around with their purses, applying lip gloss and recreating scenes from High School Musical.

Sunday at dinner, I mentioned to John that if I didn't already know Pennsylvania was an election battleground state I do now judging from the houses that plastered McCain/Palin lawn signs to compete with their next door neighbors who'd plastered their lawns with Obama/Biden signs. I assumed the girls weren't paying attention but as we know kids hear everything.

I heard our guest ask, "Who are you voting for this year, Sophie?"

To which Sophie replied, "Obama."

"I'm voting for him, too!"

Then Sophie added "Yeah, and my mother's voting for Obama. Because he's black."

So much for talking up the election to her and explaining how she will always remember it because of its historic significance.


4 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

OMG! rofl

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute the girls must have looked.
Sophie is just too much!!
Love all around,
Mom

Blogger Unknown said...

That's adorable!

Blogger Ali B. said...

It took me a long time to understand that when Charlotte was talking about the "blue guy" ("I see da' blue guy 'gain, Mommy?" "Where da' blue guy?") that she was talking about Barack Obama. Kids.

Post a Comment

<< Home