Friday, July 25, 2008
Epiphanies
I've been waiting all week for my matchmaker to tell me that 'oy, they're meshugganah ovah you, dahling!' but when I hadn't heard I called and emailed them to find out what is going on in the Land of Finding Me a Job.

Its a no-go, or so one of the minions told me. Matchmaker will call to discuss the details next week. Why? There are no details to rehash, right? I mean, there are no forms for me to fill out for withholding since I will not earn a salary, no beneficiaries to appoint, no deciding on how to divvy up my 401k contributions, no dental insurance decisions to be made.

About the only thing I want to hear is that they had a very difficult time making this decision and they ended up going with the other person because s/he was willing to work for free.

As for plan B, I had an epiphany to seek employment in the suburbs we'd one day like to live in. It makes perfect sense! Work close to home! Hardly any commute!

I told myself as I was logging into the job search site I use that I am one smart cookie....heh, heh, heh. Working so close to my future home is one of my finest, if not the most obvious solutions to this dilemma of unemployment.

Oh, the dilemma could be solved very easily, if only I had a CDL to be a to be a school bus driver, degree in education to be a physics professor, or knew the ins and outs of marketing lentils (I'm not even kidding on that last one.)

Then there's Plan C, which is (drum roll please): get a job at a university which will allow me to take classes to become something new. Yeah! Now you're thinking. And, what praytell, would madam like to reinvent herself as?

Good question.

Dietitian? Oh, yes. That's a good job. I'd get to talk about food all day and tell people what to eat! Hmm...nearest university to future home is 50 miles away. Nursing? English? Start my own business? Sales? Lentil grower?

Going to take some aspirin now. Will follow with lots of wine, campfires, hiking and swimming over the weekend.


4 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

sorry to hear about the job. you'll get something soon. you're one of the smartest cookies I know!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Love,
You will find something soon Dahling, you are smart, savy and a hard worker, its their loss. Keep the faith my precious.

Love, Mom

P.S. Have a great weekend

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry about the job... there will be plenty of others. You have lots of personality and smarts. When the right job presents itself, you'll get it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry about the job. I'm currently looking, too. I can relate.

Post a Comment

<< Home