Monday, June 30, 2008
I Stand Corrected
I'm supposed to be updating my resume with the helpful hints from my "matchmaker." But there are ice cold beers in the fridge and Stephen Colbert on the television so I decided to download pictures from my camera.


The first order of business: my husband would like everyone to know that when I wrote that post about potty training Harry, buying Speed Racer underpants was only part of the success story. John's nifty Excel chart also helped, along with stickers (one per wee).





Took the kids to Coney Island this past weekend. This ramshackle "amusement park" opened where some of the rides were torn down for development (although there is still some uncertainty over what will be built there).

Strong like bull:

These two were obviously drunk when they left the beach and if I had to bet money, they went home and...you know...

slept it off!

"Hello, mom. Why are you taking my picture? Why do you take a picture with a camera? Why are there pictures? Why is there sand on the beach? Why is the ocean over there? WHY??????"

I'd like to develop this into a retirement village for Brooklynites. The only thing missing is a golf course for the husband.



6 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

WOW! Looks like you guys had a blast! I love Coney Island!

Blogger Unknown said...

I love Coney too! I work there, my husband is on the Community Board there and I take part in lots of the events. I spend lots of time in Coney Island during the summer.... Concerts in Assar Levy Park, events in Kaiser Park, Cyclone ball games, fireworks on Friday nights!!!! Coney will be made into a better amusement area and hotels, etc.

Blogger Unknown said...

I forgot to add that that ramshackle amusement park is a temporary one put there by Thor Equities who bought up most of Coney Island. You're better off taking the kids to Astroland or Deno's. They've been there for years and their rides are inspected regularly. I don't trust these put together carnival rides. I've seen them fall apart.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi My Best Girl,
Oh, how i miss the old Coney Island, but i always have my memories.

Love You, and i'm send my love all around as usual
Mom

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Harry's potty chart! Way to go!

Blogger Meredith said...

We did end up at Deno's. The temporary park just didn't look too hot. Deno's is great for the littler kids but we go to Astroland for skeeball.

Marilyn, I saw the schedule for some of the concerts at Asser Levy park. If I go this year I'll let you know and we can sit together!

Post a Comment

<< Home