Monday, November 26, 2007
If Looks Could Kill
One of the grandmothers gave the kids the new boxed set of Christmas classics on DVD.

We let the kids watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer after dinner last night. It was a nice way to end the long holiday weekend. While we were watching it, I realized that it was probably the original un-cut version because I never remembered during the "We're a Couple of Misfits" duet that Hermey builds a snowman that looks like his boss. Upon completing his sculpture, Hermey punches the snow effigy of the head elf in the face.

John and I love to make snarky comments when we watch TV together. It's not that we're snarky by nature. It's just that TV is so bad. Anyway, we got to the point in the show when Rudolph returns to the North Pole and discovers that his parents have been gone for months looking for him. Santa tells him he's worried because Christmas is only two days away and he has no one to lead his sleigh if Rudolph's parents don't come back soon.

"That Santa," I said to John. "It's all about him and his schedule. He's so selfish."

Sophie glared angrily at me. "SHHHHHH! Don't say that! HE CAN HEAR YOU!"




4 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

Ho ho ho....I mean HA HA HA

Blogger Unknown said...

That was a really cute coomment. Now the question is... was Sophie worried Santa wouldn't leave her something or you and John something??? Sounds like you had a really nice Thanksgiving holiday.

Blogger Meredith said...

I think she was worried that he wouldn't come at all if I said stuff like that.

Blogger Vikki said...

We watched Rudolph last weekend but I always cringe when the narrator says things like, "they had to get the women back to camp" and "This is man's work".

Post a Comment

<< Home