Thursday, November 29, 2007
One of the Reasons I Have a Tic in my Eye
Insurance company: "Hi, may I please have your ID number."

Me: "AI2323451X0"

Insurance company: "That's not correct, ma'am."

Me: "That's what it says on the statement."

Insurance company: "But it isn't correct."

Me: "If it isn't correct, then why did you put it on my statement?"

Insurance company: ...

Me: "Your whole system of ID numbers doesn't make sense. You randomly assign it, don't tell anyone what it is, print on my dental statement and THEN you tell me it's wrong. Do you see what the problem is here?"

Insurance company: "But your number isn't correct. The second character is a 1, not an 'I' "

Me: "Well, your machine printed an "I". I know this because it looks nothing like the one that comes later in my randomly assigned top-secret number you don't want me to know about."

Insurance company: "Really?"

Me: "Yes!, It is printed as an 'I' "

Insurance company: "But that is incorrect."

Me: "Can you please tell me when you will process my claim from October?"

Insurance company: "First I need to know your correct ID number."


2 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

doesn't that make you want to reach through the phone and choke the living shit out of them??

Blogger Unknown said...

That is way too funny! Sometimes it seems you just can't win.

Post a Comment

<< Home