Thursday, November 22, 2007
Giving Thanks
Too many blessings to count, but the list starts with the family, especially the kids, who laughed together a lot last night while I baked a pumpkin pie. That was a nice pick-me-up after a bad day at the office. I'm thankful for my husband, who is wonderful and caring, and brought me a glass of wine last night because he could tell I needed it. Then he gave me a foot rub. He is totally getting extra Cool-Whip on his pie today.

Our parents, who worry about us, and love us, and help us whenever we ask, which isn't often, but that help is freely given and we couldn't be the parents we are if we hadn't learned from you. All of you. We are still learning from you. Thank you.

We are thankful for our friends, both near and far, who we don't get to see often because this crazy life we lead keeps us busy "doing." I'm most grateful that when we do get together with them it is like a day hasn't gone by. Grateful, too, for readers of this blog, which is now over a year old.

I am thankful there is so very little for me to worry and complain about (although it hasn't stopped me). I truly lead a charming life.

Happy, happy Thanksgiving.


4 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

I too am thankful for good friends who are always there when you need someone to listen....

Blogger Andie said...

I too am thankful for good friends who are always there when you need someone to listen....

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm thankful for my family and for all my friends and their children who grew up with "Aunt" Marilyn. Maybe one day I'll make you my fried chicken (remember always asking me to make it?) I love you all!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am most thankful for my Daughter Meredith, she teaches me things!! I do learn a lot from her. I am so thankful for my Grandchildren, Sophie, Harry, Zachary and now little Justin. I don't get to spend as much time as i would like with them but am thankful for the time i do get to spend. They are truly the joy of my life. I am thankful for my "son" John, he is a treasure, i enjoy spending time with him. I am thankful for my husband who puts up with a lot of **** from me and love me anyway. I am thankful for my friends, especially Marilyn, Steve, Daureen and lots of others. I am also thankful for my health and the health of my family and friends. I am thankful for my freedom in this great country of ours. A big thank you to our troops who are not at home this year. I pray for your safe return. Last but never least i am thankful for my miko and sasha who bring me such joy each day. I love you all!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home