Thursday, December 31, 2009
So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu
I really wanted to write a post about how awful this past decade was, so long to the aughts and good riddence, yada yada yada. There was a lot of bad stuff that happened. Terrorism. War. Two, count 'em TWO recessions, one of which nearly collapsed the global economy. Nearly everyone in my family lost their jobs or was forced to take early retirement packages at one point or another over these last 10 years.

But I'm watching my eight year old daughter cook me breakfast. It is the best bowl of oatmeal. Ever. My four year old is watching the snow fall at the window. They are both bright and healthy and wonderful. Our extended family is scattered across the country but that doesn't stop us from loving one another through thick and thin. So maybe this decade, with all its ups and downs (great ups but good lord there were a lot of downs!) was not so bad after all.

I wish you all a wonderful, shiny, happy and healthy 2010!


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mer,beautiful sentiments! I wish you a very happy and healthy New Year!

Blogger Andie said...

happy new year best friend!

Anonymous mom said...

Beautiful thoughts and wishes. Though we are in FL, we love you all so much, and miss you too and I hope you know that if you ever need me, for ANYTHING, I would catch the quickest & fastest flight to get to you. I love you with all my heart, you precious Daughter of mine.

Anonymous Vikki said...

A good reminder that life, in general, is the best of times and worst of times. There is beauty in that.

Post a Comment

<< Home