Sunday, December 27, 2009
PCSD
That's Post-Christmas Stress Disorder.

I hate the first few days after Christmas. After weeks of having it shoved in our faces and 24 hours of Christmas music and daily reminders of how many shopping days are left and retail sales figures, it sorta feels like it never happened. There are empty boxes waiting for recycling day, stale cookies and hundreds of Legos that prove otherwise. Also, my pants don't fit, further testimony that the holiday was here, with all its lovely treats and once-a-year dishes.

Yesterday was my post-holiday do-nothing day. The day I refuse to go anywhere, do anything, or wear anything that isn't a yoga-style pant and lounge around. After shopping and wrapping and cooking and decorating, I like to set aside a day where I have no obligations to anyone or anything. It was glorious.

I didn't get a chance to watch a lot of my favorite Christmas movies this year and we are still living in the dark ages without a TIVO/DVR device so yesterday I watched both It's a Wonderful Life (on VHS) and The Bishop's Wife (which was shown on Reelz network).

As much as I like to see these movies every year, it was much better watching them after Christmas. There were no holiday preparations looming over me, nothing to distract my attention except Harry, who couldn't understand why Cary Grant didn't have wings and kept asking "but what's a bishop's wife?"


2 Comments:

Anonymous mom said...

I'm happy that you got to relax and unwind a bit. I love you and worry about you.

Blogger Andie said...

relaxing...what's that?

Post a Comment

<< Home