Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Neighbors
For a long time now, whenever we would go up to our weekend place, we used to keep to ourselves, offering just a nod of recognition as we passed our neighbors, maybe a "good morning" if we were feeling particularly friendly and talking over the fence to only our closest neighbors in proximity.

Now that Sophie's on the swim team, we've been meeting a lot of new families (well, new to us) and they are all such lovely people.

Especially the one who answered my prayers for poolside coffee urns. I love her. I don't know who she is (yet!) but she's totally going to be my BFF.
This weekend was the annual talent show, where even more neighbors turned out in droves, maximum occupancy fire codes be damned!
You should hear them raise the roof when the kids perform. You should hear them yell encouragement to those who forget their lines. You should see how they eject some neighbors who are drunk and disorderly.
These people? They got your back.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Mom said...

Looks like so much fun, wish i was there!

Anonymous Vikki said...

The picture alone captures the energy!

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! I have found that people outside of NYC are so much more neighborly (even the ones originally from NY). I find that to be true with the people that live near my sister in Virginia.

Post a Comment

<< Home