Monday, February 23, 2009
Four-itis
It's been rough couple of days, between a sick kid, a babysitter who probably caught The Plague from us, birthday parties, laundry, ice skating lessons, disinfecting the house (see sick kid, above), plus our usual running around.

We decided to take the kids to church over the weekend. In theory, we should all leave feeling a little better than when we arrived but it is hard to do that when your four year old is stuck in an I-will-do-whatever-I-want-whenever-I-want phase (aka Four-itis). So there I stand, singing the hymns, which I have to amend to include phrases instructing my son to stop his disruptive behavior.

So Amazing Grace now goes like this:



Amaaaa- "stop kicking the the pew in front of us!"-Grace,
How sweet the sound
That saved a wr-"sit down already!"-like me
I once was lost, -"Shhhh"-am found
Was blind, now-"no, you ate all your snacks in the car",- I see.



I can do this with any hymn, psalm or prayer. I'm quite good at it.

Harry's whenever/whatever phase extends to all areas. Tonight we're having left overs so when I asked if he'd prefer chicken or lasagna, he said "I'll have a hot dog."

I explained that a hot dog was not one of the options. "Chicken or lasagna," I said.

"Then I'll have a steak."

"Chicken or lasagna."

"I SAID I'LL HAVE A STEAK."

"Chicken it is."

"NO! Steak!" I left the room. "I won't eat it if you don't give me a steak."


"Fine with me."


This went on and on (and on) until I won he relented.

*

Circus ticket giveaway ends tomorrow. I know a lot of you don't live in the area but if you know someone who does, send 'em over. They stand a good chance of winning since there are only two entrants so far!



8 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Andie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Andie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Andie said...

lol...sounds like my Sunday in church!!

Blogger Andie said...

lol...sounds like my Sunday in church!!

Blogger gatita_68 said...

Hi, I left a comment before (done w/o a google account) & it doesn't seem to be here. Oh well, here goes again... I would like to be one of those girls that twirl on the rope/ribbon. They have killer tone bodies, beautiful costumes & seem to amaze almost every little girl in the audience. If I could get past the getting dizzy phase, I think I'd be great at it. LOL

Blogger gatita_68 said...

Oops, ignore that duplicate comment on the circus tix giveaway. Way too early for me to be thinking straight. I realized I had not scrolled down far enough on your page to see my original comment. Sorry! - At least I have an identity now.

Blogger Ali B. said...

That is exactly what my moments in church are like. Usually, though, it involves me also hissing "THIS IS A MOMENT OF SILENCE. YOU DO NOT TALK DURING A MOMENT OF SILENCE!!!! I SAID SHUSH!"

And then people turn to look at me, and I'm like, "what? what am I doing?"

Post a Comment

<< Home