Saturday, November 22, 2008
Damned If You Do...You Know the Rest.
Yesterday in the grocery store a woman came up to me and asked me for advice about buying a turkey. After explaining that her turkey would be fine if she bought it on a Friday without freezing it, she asked me what brand of turkey I bought.

"Oh, I just bought a boneless breast since it'll just be us and our two kids." I replied.

It was then I saw Sophie looking at me. "We aren't having a turkey?" she asked.

"We are. I only bought a breast, though. Easy peasy."

"WHAT ABOUT THE WISHING BONE?"

"There's no wishbone. I'm sorry."

"Great. No wishing bone. That's some thanksgiving we're going to have."


3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

rofl....that's what i'm making too!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just not Thanksgiving with the wishbone!! Soph, maybe you can draw and color one and put it on the table as a decoration.
Love Mom, Nana

Blogger Unknown said...

Your mom's got a good idea Mer. Bur I know Sophie wants to have a turn to break the bone and get her wish. Oh well, I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home