Thursday, March 1, 2007
monkey monkey underpants and baby cakes
a few weeks ago, i was watching the gilmore girls. in this particular episode, the older gilmore (the mom, lorelei) is explaining to her daughter (rory) why she can't sit down and concentrate on writing a character reference for her former fiance.
here is her stream of consciousness:

"Because my brain is a wild jungle full of scary gibberish. 'I'm writing a
letter. I can't write a letter. Why can't I write a letter? I'm wearing a green dress. I wish I was wearing my blue dress. My blue dress is at the cleaners'. 'The Germans wore gray, you wore blue.' Casablanca. Casablanca's such a good movie. Casablanca. The White House. Bush. Why don't I drive a hybrid car? I should really drive a hybrid car. I should really take my bicycle to work.
Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants.' "


people, this is what the inside of my own head looks like. a jumble thoughts that just don't stop. i lie down at night and think about what i should wear to work the next day and before i know it i am writing a note to myself to do a google search on why there isn't a name for a baby platypus, which i arrive at only after wondering about the answer to 54 across in the metro crossword puzzle.

many areas of my life are like this, especially my web surfing life. you see, i went onto not martha to try to find a link to the brownie pan that gives you an optimum number of brownie edges and ended up reading a bunch of other links. that brought me to a site about home building, which brought me to a page within that site about cooking. it was there i saw the link for the annie's mac n' cheese vs. blue box story on salon.com. from there i googled the writer and found a food blog that discusses the story and also provided a post about this, a cake sculpted in the shape of a baby:




i'm impressed and weirded out at the same time.


2 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

ok, now that's just plain strange.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know what i go through. Love Ya

Post a Comment

<< Home