Monday, February 15, 2010
Here I Am
The only excuse I have for not posting is that when I sit down to write one, I stare at a blank post page and then give up. I turn the computer off and walk away. Just like that. I come up with BRILLIANT posts when I'm lying in bed doing the crossword puzzle, though. I jot down a line to remember the idea and the next day, when I sit down to write....all the funny things I had thought up are gone. Poof. No more.

You would have really loved the funny thing I thought up last week about the wart on Harry's foot. Seriously, it was the bomb.

Anyway, the house is clean and looking more organized that it has in months. I feel accomplished. I've watched lots of movies, Which makes me feel relaxed. We had a snow day. We baked cookies. I shoveled some of the sidewalks for the older folks on our street. That made me feel kind. Today I made banana muffins for Harry. That made me feel good, especially when he smiled when I told him they were for him. My mother is visiting to watch the kids while our sitter takes a break this week and we work. That makes me feel loved. I realized my cat is getting old. She will be 15 and is having trouble walking up the stairs. Lately she sleeps 18-20 hours a day. That makes me sad. We haven't done our taxes yet. That makes me anxious. The garden is still covered in snow but it is 4:30 and it is still light out. Knowing that in a few weeks the yard will begin greening makes me feel all spring-y.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You sound like a very busy lady. Your mom is there? She never told me she wss going to be in Brooklyn. Please tell her to call me or maybe I'll call her cell phone.

Blogger Andie said...

hi mom...old age has snuck up on you. welcome to my world :D

Post a Comment

<< Home