Sunday, November 30, 2008
The Homestretch
Inside the parenting circle, its well known that a child's age of three is worse than a child of age two.

At two, a child's attention can be quickly redirected and their meltdowns are relatively short. At three, their vocabularies are better, their motor skills are more defined, their arsenal of tantrums, meltdowns and crying triggers are more sophisticated.

In January, Harry will turn four. I try not to wish time away when it comes to the kids but his fourth birthday can't come quickly enough. Three has been rough. Maybe not on him but I have the gray hairs to prove how three's treated me.

The other night I asked Harry the how old he will be when his birthday rolls around in January. "Three," he said.

"No, you're three now. Next year you'll be four."

"No, I won't! I like being three. I'm staying three!"

"Kid, you're turning four whether you like it or not. Three is killing me."

*
For a new gift idea every day, don't forget to check out the holiday gift guide over here!


2 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

awe, poor harry!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three is SO much worse than two! For sure! My daughter turns 4 in March and I am really hoping to see some improvements. ha ha.

Post a Comment

<< Home