Tuesday, September 7, 2010
How I Spent My Summer Vacation
Last Monday, my mother asked me "so when are you ever going to write another blog?" It dawned on me that I haven't updated since just after the 4th of July holiday. So without further ado, for my mother Cheryl, here is a blog post on how I spent my summer vacation:

I traveled to the lovely Marlborough region of New Zealand to explore a winery I drank a lot of wine, most of it from New Zealand.

I did a culinary exploration of various ethnic cuisines. I ate a lot of Mexican, Thai and Chinese food for lunch at the office.

I studied the culture of a little known gypsy group who travel from region to region to entertain local townsfolk I went to a county fair and paid a carnie $20 to let my kids win a big prize after just one attempt at the game.

I independently studied of the ethology of mice. We had a problem with mice in our camper. We caught 10 (!)

I remodeled our bathroom. The trim tiles in the shower came up and I grouted them back into place.

I booked a trip to Muenich to attend Oktoberfest. I am chairing the church's Oktoberfest...with less money to do it with and increasing prices for everything. Oy vey!

I finished a cable knit baby blanket. I'm still knitting that darned blanket...but I'm close to finishing!

I went on safari and ate exotic game meat. I went to a barbecue and tried buffalo burgers.

School starts on Wednesday and we've been ready for weeks. School starts on Wednesday and thank god for online shopping!



5 Comments:

Anonymous Mom said...

Very Cute!
Mom

Blogger Andie said...

YAY!! I missed these...Love ya!!

Blogger Andie said...

can i hire you? I need tile work done...

Blogger Unknown said...

I have soooo missed your blog. This was really cute! You had a very busy summer. Keep those blogs coming!

Anonymous Vikki said...

Post a Comment

<< Home