Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Happy June
Hello, June. Thank you for bringing sunshine and warm weather. Last year you really sucked, what with your 10+ inches of rain. This year will be better, right? RIGHT?

Despite making sure to charge the camera batteries prior to leaving, I failed to document any of this Memorial Day weekend with photos, which would have shown the red marks on my arms and legs where I was bitten by mosquitoes, the adults drinking too much beer and wine, eating too many ribs and not enough vegetables, swimming in the pool, one bear, the kids eating their weight in ice cream and marshmallows. It was glorious.

We were surrounded by family and dogs and new friends and the kids were sad to go back to the city and boring school where there are no marshmallows on the menu or dogs to play with, no pool to swim in, and no Lady Gaga "Pokerface" sing alongs (they were also singing "LoveGame" until I heard the line "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"....that's when we started paying attention to what they were listening to, and exercised Parental Control over the ipod.)


3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

WE WANT PICTURES...WE WANT PIC--well, you get the idea..lol.

Blogger Vikki said...

I loved singing GaGa songs with my kids until the day I heard my son distractedly singing the following from Poker Face:

Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun

It just doesn't sound right coming from an 8 year old. ha ha.

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like your holiday was packed with fun! Glad you and the kids enjoyed it.

Post a Comment

<< Home