Thursday, May 22, 2008
Sweet, Sweet Lemonade
Thanks for all your kind words, readers. They meant so much to me.

Can someone please explain to me how I can be busier without a job than with one? I simply have not stopped. Laundry, cooking, cleaning, picking kids up, dropping them off, using up insurance, applying for unemployment....I'm exhausted!

I was about to resign myself to the summer off when the smartest thing I did after not throwing up on HR's shoes and calling my husband to say "surprise! We're now a one income family!" paid off.

It was kneejerk reaction, a way to say "I went down trying." I had forwarded my resume to a friend I've known for years and then I met with her on Tuesday to talk about a freelance position at her firm. The assignment runs through Labor Day AND I'll be working with someone I know from the ex-job. Mine if I want it.

Um, it doesn't get any easier than that. It'll be a good way to get a feel for the place, a try-before-you-buy trial run. Woo hoo!




3 Comments:

Blogger Andie said...

goodluck!

Blogger Unknown said...

Good news and good luck!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will do great whatever you do - Lots of luck.
Luv you so much,
Mom

Post a Comment

<< Home